Friday, March 9, 2012

Food Friday

So, the past few weeks have been pretty stressful and tiring.  At first, I hoped it would just be for the last few days of February, but this first week of March wasn't looking too great, either....  So last night, when I was home alone with the kids, I indulged my "comfort" food of choice: ice cream.

Living in Frankfurt, I can have delicious "real" ice cream from an Italian Gelateria - so good and so cheap!  But I'm sure I'll post more on that later; it's one of our favorite cheap dates in warm weather:)

No, last night was purely about sugary sweetness just for me: Cookies and Cream


I only had time to run to our local (cheap) supermarket, so I had to choose an "American" generic brand, but it tasted great, so I can't complain (and some other time I'll talk about the "American" products that you find in supermarkets - very enlightening):



Now, this kind of adventure can only take place at night.  Otherwise, I have this:


before I can say, "Stop taking the food out of your mother's mouth, please!"

Oh, and speaking of comfort food, an American friend brought me Reese's PB Cups and Robins Eggs for Easter - awesome!  Now, if I can only hold out 'til Easter and actually share them with my family....

What's your favorite comfort/indulgence food?


No comments:

Post a Comment