Thursday, February 2, 2012

Theology Thursday

Today's been a busy day.  A day full of encouragement, prayer and laughter but also one with normal chores (dishes, trash, clothes wash), very cold temperatures (in the mid-teens  Fahrenheit) and temper tantrums.  [Yes, that is a foam sword by the candles.  Just a reminder of my life: peaceful moments accompanied by the reminder of active children.]

Below is one of my favorite hymns (by Samuel Trevor Francis).  It's a hymn that I find so peaceful and encouraging, especially on up and down days.  Do you have a favorite hymn or song for crazy days?

O the deep, deep love of Jesus!  Vast, unmeasured, boundless, free;
Rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me. 
Underneath me all around me, is the current of thy love;
Leading onward, leading homeward, to thy glorious rest above.

O the deep, deep love of Jesus!  Spread his praise from shore to shore;
How he loveth, ever loveth, changeth never, nevermore; 
How he watches o’er his loved ones, died to call them all his own;
How for them he intercedeth, watcheth o’er them from the throne.
O the deep, deep love of Jesus!  Love of ev’ry love the best:
 'Tis an ocean vast of blessing, ‘tis a haven sweet of rest. 
O the deep, deep love of Jesus!  ‘Tis a heav’n of heav’ns to me; 
And it lifts me up to glory, for it lifts me up to thee.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment